About Okerlund Consulting & Management:
Okerlund Consulting & Management (OC&M) is a Project Management and Estimating firm assisting our clients through the development and construction process by providing Pre-Construction, Construction, and Post Construction services. Since 2007 our knowledgeable construction professionals have provided services and solutions tailored to the individual needs of each client and project.
Assistant Project Manager Job Summary:
- This Assistant Project Manager will take ownership of the project and will be part of our team managing the details of their project by offering reliable and inventive solutions and optimizing resources to achieve all project goals.
- Assist the Project manager to provide project leadership, coordination, and facilitating teamwork of project teams to meet construction project goals.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of construction project design and budgets.
- Work with user groups to develop future project scopes.
- Develop and manage RFP’s for architectural and general construction services. Review, score, interview and recommend for award.
- Participate in design meetings with architectural and end user teams.
- Review design documents to ensure that they conform with the approved scope and budget.
- Review and approve change orders, invoices, and pay applications.
- Assist in maintaining the overall construction project schedule, design, budget, scope, and safety.
- Manage vendors.
- Maintain administration files.
- Assist in the coordination of project move in and go live activities with all necessary parties and vendors. Coordination of moves for internal and external teams as well as physical move of employees.
- Manage punch lists.
- Manage project closeout out.
- Schedule and participate in regular design and construction progress meetings.
- Identify and resolve problems and issues before they become critical and keep the client and the customer department informed of on-going project status, including cost, schedule, and other issues.
- 3 years’ experience in job offered.
- 1 year experience in Healthcare construction management working on HCAi permitted projects.
- Must be able to travel throughout Los Angeles and Orange County.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or construction management.
- In-depth knowledge of construction principles/processes.
- Must be able to manage program / project management services while collaborating with internal and external clients.
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest and resume to Phil@okerlundcm.com